With 50+ years of experience, Madison Company has built a solid reputation in the marine industry by providing accurate, dependable and reliable float switches and liquid level sensors. Many of Madison Company’s liquid level sensors and float switches are approved by the American Bureau of Shipbuilding (ABS) and the USCG for use in commercial shipboard applications. Many of these switches also carry UL, CSA, and FM approvals. Madison also designs and manufactures switches and liquid level sensors to MIL-S-16032*. MIL-S-16032 is the military specification for switches, detectors and shipboard alarm systems. These switches and sensors are designed to meet the requirements of MIL-S-901D*, the military specification for shock testing of high impact shipboard machinery, equipment and systems and MIL-STD-167*, the military specification for mechanical vibration of shipboard equipment vibration. Many of these switches and sensors have been assigned NSN (National Stock Numbers) and are approved for military marine applications.
Madison marine float switches and liquid level sensors are designed and manufactured to provide durability in even the harshest of environments including turbulent liquids, black water and grey water (water containing foreign or solid material), and fuel tanks. Among Madison Company’s capabilities are submersible models for bilge level and external tank applications. Other typical applications include auxiliary generator, ballast tanks, hydraulic reservoirs, cooling systems and day tanks.
These durable floats, float switches and liquid level sensors are constructed from Buna N, Polypropylene, 316 Stainless Steel (high temps), Epoxy and Brass as well as a variety of other rugged materials to support your operations. In many cases, Madison Company can design and manufacture a custom sensor to fit your specific application needs.
For information on which Madison level sensor will best fit your application you can visit our Material Selection Guide or you can contact us. Federal Resources is the official Madison Company commercial and military marine representative and distributor. Federal Resources has local representation in many key areas for the marine industry and would be happy to assist you with your application needs and questions.
National Stock Numbers
- M3200* - Bilge Level Switch 6680-01-156-9605 & 5930-00-800-5243
- M3205* - Bilge Level Switch 5930-00-892-1638
- M5600 - Single Point Level Switch 5930-00-409-9261
American Bureau of Shipbuilding
- M3200 - Bracket Mounted Level Switch
- M3205 - Bracket Mounted Level Switch
- M4300 - Single Point Brass/Buna N Level Switch
- M4500 - Single Point Brass/Buna N Level Switch
- M4010 - Side Mounted Brass/Buna N Level Switch
- M5010 - Side Mounted 316 Stainless Steel Level Switch
- M5600-SPDT - Single Point 316 Stainless Steel Level Switch
- M5600-PR - Single Point 316 Stainless Steel Level Switch
- MS5600 - Single Point 316 Stainless Steel Level Switch
- MSB5600 - Bracket Mounted 316SS/Buna N Level Switch
- M5920 - Side Mounted 316 Stainless Steel Level Switch
- M8800 - Single Point Polypropylene Level Switch
- M4182-SS - Single Point Stainless Steel Bottle Switch
- M4182-SS-EP - Single Point Stainless Steel Level Bottle Switch (Electro-Polish finish)
- M4182-AL - Single Point Aluminum Bottle Level Switch (Electro-Polish finish)
- M4182-AL-A - Single Point Aluminum Bottle Level Switch (Anodized finish)
- M4302 - Multilevel Brass/Buna N Level Switch
- M4502 - Multilevel Brass/Buna N Level Switch
- M5602 - Multilevel 316 Stainless Steel Level Switch
- M8802 - Multilevel Polypropylene Level Switch
- M8080 - Multilevel Polypropylene Level Switch
Contact Us today to discuss your application - we're here to help!